backdrop

Saturday, August 1, 2015

The Rest of November, 2014

After the embarrassing mix up with Aria, Esme and Herc were very careful about making sure that it was MyLittleMegara who informed them when I was coming back.

 
Before Esmeralda had a chance to even say hello, Hercules barreled over like an overjoyed puppy. "Meg!" He cried, picking me up and twirling me around before I could catch my breath.
 
 
Gently, he set me down, arms still around me.

 
"I've missed you," he whispered.
 
"I've missed you, too..."
 
And then we were kissing.

 

It was short and sweet and very, very, very perfect. When we broke apart, I remembered that Esmeralda was there, too.
 
 
I blushed, feeling sorry that I'd missed my friend but also somewhat preoccupied with Hercules' arm still around my waist and the memory of our kiss.


"Hi, Esme!" I said, hugging her. "I've missed you, too!"

"Not as much," she teased.

"The same... but in a different way," I answered.

"It's fine. I know I can't compete with Wonderboy for title of 'Most Beloved'."

"Well, he can't compete with you for best friend!"

***
 
On the 24th, we welcomed the new Rapunzel and her best friend!
 
The welcoming committee we chose consisted of me, Annabel, Tink, Anna, and the Riders.
 

 
Anna was very excited to meet Kristen, the new Anna!


 
Meanwhile, the Riders went up to the new Rapunzel. Our Rapunzel was unsure at first, but Flynn gave her a squeeze. "I'm Flynn Rider," he told the new doll, "and this is my wife, Rapunzel." As if to emphasize this fact, he gestured with his bracelet hand.

 
"I'm Posie," she smiled. "It's great to be here." Then Rapunzel- shy, sweet Rapunzel; introverted, terrified of being replaced Rapunzel did something totally unexpected.
 
Breaking into a wide grin, she took Posie's hand and said, "It was such a pleasure to meet you!" Flynn looked like he might burst. He, of all dolls, knew how hard it must have been for Rapunzel to accept Posie's arrival as something other than a threat.

 
After everyone had had a chance to get to know each other briefly, we sat in a semi circle as Posie and Kirsten told us their life stories. Somehow, Posie's turned into a group performance of "I've Got a Dream" from Tangled. Everybody took a part, except Rapunzel (who is absolutely terrified at the thought of singing in public.)


Halfway through our song, Flynn turned to his wife as if to say "See? I'm here. You're okay. I told you I wouldn't trade you for the world."


She buried her cheek in his shoulder and smiled.

 
Of course Posie and Kirsten had their portraits taken by MyLittleMegara.


 
Posie is a creative dreamer. She's very similar to her movie character.

Kirsten is quick witted and observant and she loves to solve mysteries like her hero, Nancy Drew.

On the 27th, Thanksgiving, I held a contest asking every doll what they're the most thankful for and take a photo. I was very pleased by my top five winners!

5th Place: Zia with "Friendship"

 
4th Place: Posie with "My New Home"
 
 
3rd Place: Hans with "A Fresh Start"
 
 
2nd Place: Tiana with "Family"
 
 
1st Place: Flynn with "Love"
 
 

The rest of November was uneventful, but I was just happy to be back.

And to spend more time with Wonderboy.

LOTS more time.

It's Been a Real Slice.
 
Meg <3

15 comments:

  1. Awww Flynn and Rapunzel are such a cute couple! But Meg, you and Herc come next ;) I really love your blog.

    Anna Arendelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seriously are, it's sort of inspiring being around them all the time. Hahaha! Thank you so much. Wonderboy really means the world to me.

      I'm glad you like my blog, Anna! I am sorry that I have to condense everything because I'm so far behind. :)

      Meg <3

      Delete
    2. Don't feel bad! We all have been there! DisneyWorkGirl has been there and she does NOT like it ;)

      Anna Arendelle

      Delete
    3. At least I am not the only one. :P

      Meg <3

      Delete
  2. It has been so long, welcome back, Meg! I really like the new header
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Meritre! I think it's my favorite header yet.

      Meg <3

      Delete
  3. Cool blog I just started to follow! :D

    Cheshire cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello I have a blog now its kinda targeted at this same type of crowd if you want to check it out its right here http://justinedancer.blogspot.com/ and MyLittleMegara was my inspiration so thank you!:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. by the way I could not put a link so copy and paste to your search bar

      Delete
    2. We checked it out, it looks good! :)

      Meg <3

      Delete
  5. Welcome back Meg! Posie and Kristen look very happy in their new home. I'm so glad you all are doing well! I also happen to know that our S. is a HUGE fan of Nancy Drew so she's really excited that Kristen is too. Looking forward to more from you soon!

    -Rapunzel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Rapunzel! Nice to see you back, too. It's been almost a year since they came *cringes at lack of blogging ability* but they love it here and we love them! S. will probably like what happened in December, then...

      Meg <3

      Delete
  6. Kristen is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, abarefootgal! She's a lot of fun to hang out with.

      Meg <3

      Delete