backdrop

Saturday, May 17, 2014

February 22, 2014

We'd all had a great morning. Ariel had taken a three-hour-long bath, Cinderella had spent the same amount of time looking at pictures of animated Disney princes with Aurora and Snow White, Pocahontas had taken Jane Porter for a walk in the snow, Mulan and Merida had had some kind of target practice... you get the picture.

Anyway, we were all sitting down to lunch when a voice started to call "Hello! Hellooo-ooo! Is anybody there? Hello!"

"Do any of you recognize that voice?" Belle asked.

"No," Esmeralda, Snow, Poca, and Rapunzel all answered in unison.

"I'll go check it out," Kida announced, grabbing her spear.

"Whoa, girl!" I stood up.

"Hellooooo!" The voice came again.

"Whoever that is doesn't sound too dangerous," I continued. "You don't want to scare them, Kida! I'll go with you."

"Meg, you don't have to do this. If they're a threat-"

I rolled my eyes. "I'll be fine, Kida; I'm a big, tough girl. Tie my own sandals and everything."

"Fine," my friend grinned. We left the table and had almost gotten to the door when we saw a face peeking around it.
























"Hello?" The girl called.

"Hello!" I said, walking towards her.

"Oh! Hi," she smiled, "are you one of MyLittleMegara's dolls?"

"Yes," Kida said, coming up behind me.

"Oh! Well, I'm Giselle. I was on my way up to your room but I wasn't sure where to go and I heard voices. So I tried calling you."

She said all this in a sweet, musical voice that reminded me of a small bird.

"The name's Megara. My friends call me Meg. And this is Kida," I introduced us.

Kida smiled at Giselle and nodded. "MyLittleMegara didn't tell us you were coming," she said, "but we're glad to have you. Follow us, please."

Giselle walked back with us to where everybody was eating. "Hello," she said as greeting to my friends.

"Hi," Jasmine said, "I'm Princess Jasmine."

That got everyone else started. Soon, Giselle and the others we're swapping stories, names, and food like they'd known each other all their lives. At one point, Mary Poppins asked Giselle how she'd ended up in MyLittleMegara's home.

"Well, Mary, MyLittleMegara picked me up in a thrift store earlier this month. She cleaned me up a few days ago and today she told me to look for her other dolls, as she was writing a report and didn't have time to take me to you herself," she explained.

I smiled and we all chatted some more. Snow White, who had been sitting next to Giselle, looked up from her food.

"Excuse me, Giselle, but I have a question for you."

"What is it, Snow?" She asked.

"We all sleep two to a room. Well, all of us except for me because I don't have a roommate. I was wondering- would you like to be mine?"

"Of course," Giselle answered, a little shyly.

It was obvious to me that these two were destined to be the best of friends, like Esmeralda and I were. I caught my friend's eye and smiled. She winked back and put her arm around me.

Basically, we spent the rest of the day getting to know Giselle. She's a very sweet doll who had come from a little girl's home. But then one day, the little girl she lived with, Madison, stopped caring about dolls very much. She took most of her collection, including Giselle, and left them at a thrift store. Being a glass-half-full kind of doll, Giselle just waited for the right new owner to come. Sure enough, MyLittleMegara found her and... here she is.


Right now, the Fairy Godmother is helping her pick fabric for her new bed and I'm sitting at MyLittleMegara's computer typing this while she indulges herself in a little snack before going back to the report. Oh- here she comes. I guess that means I have to stop. Hopefully, I'll be able to write more soon.

It's Been A Real Slice.
 
Meg <3









4 comments:

  1. This blog is SO MUCH FUN! I can't wait to read more of the adventures of Meg and her friends! (Poor Esmeralda.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Aighmi*! Esmeralda did have a hard time for a while, but she got through it (with a little help from her friends.) Huh... suddenly I feel like a Beatles song... I'll try to keep updating! I have a huge stack of written posts just WAITING to be posted...

    Meg <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it's so much fun reading your stories :) I 'll start reading your story aloud to my four little gals. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meritre! MyLittleMegara told me about your four girls and I hope they enjoy this!

      Meg <3

      Delete