backdrop

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

June 3, 2014- Interviews

I ran around like a madwoman today interviewing a ton of our new additions! The last doll, Anastasia, was a half surprise who arrived earlier today.

Rosie
Personality: Animal loving, fun, quiet (until you get to know me,) independent,

Favorite Thing to Do: Anything with animals. :)

How I'm Like Movie Aurora: I like to sleep- sleep is nice.

How I'm Different From Movie Aurora: I light up; I doubt she can do that!

One Fun Fact: I lovelovelovelove chickens!

Grace
Personality: Calm, elegant, content with life, not a really chatty doll.

Favorite Thing to Do: Dance

How I'm Like Movie Tink: I have grace (hence my name) and can "fly" when I dance.

How I'm Different From Movie Tink: I'm pretty much unflappable. No attacks of jealous hair-yanking from me.

One Fun Fact: I'm Annabel's best friend and dance instructor.

Cornelia
Personality: I'm rather quiet, I love Jane Austen, I'm sensitive, and I don't really like spiders.

Favorite Thing to Do: Read Jane Austen novels, especially Mansfield Park.

How I'm Like Movie Belle: We have similar voices and I love reading and roses.

How I'm Different from Movie Belle: She's more outgoing, and I prefer to wear red.

One Fun Fact: Tiana is going to wear my gloves for her wedding!

Adam
Personality: A little reserved, I consider myself laid back but I don't think others see me as much more than gruff, friendly when other dolls give me a chance.

Favorite Thing to Do: Explore the humans' world.

How I'm Like Movie Adam: I can seem distant at first and I don't think other dolls necessarily understand me.

How I'm Different From Movie Adam: I warm up to others quickly and I don't have fur.

One Fun Fact: Annabel is my sister.

Vivian
Personality: Sweet, but willing to put my foot down; somewhat outspoken

Favorite Thing to Do: Debate my opinions with other dolls

How I'm Like Movie Jasmine: We're very similar :)

How I'm Different from Movie Jasmine: I don't really enjoy tigers or flying. The airplane ride to my new home from Disney World was the hardest thing I've ever done.

One Fun Fact: Once Tiana and Naveen get married, I'm going to move in as Jasmine's roomie.

Traci
Personality:  Fun loving, optimistic, motivated by my hopes and dreams

Favorite Thing to Do: Come up with new ideas for makeup!

How I'm Like Movie Ariel: I'm lively, I LOVE water, and I look a whole lot like her.

How I'm Different from Movie Ariel: I was named for a human, Traci Hines,

One Fun Fact: I only have one leg (thrift store doll problems!) but I disguise that with my tail.

Annabel
Personality: Peppy, unabashedly cheerful, optimistic

Favorite thing to do: TRAVEL! 

How I'm Like Movie Belle: We see the good in people and we want adventure in the great wide somewhere, we want it more than we can tell!

How I'm Different from Movie Belle: I'm a ballet dancer and I have a brother.

One Fun Fact: Yellow is my favorite color because it's so bright and cheerful.

Lula
Personality: Extroverted, nurturing, larger-than-life!

Favorite Thing to Do: Make sure everybody's all comfortable! Maleficent was real sad when I met her but we're becomin' friends and we're roomin' together and all that.

How I'm Like Movie Ursula: I love the color purple and hearing other dolls sing (even if I'm not the most beautiful voice in this world.)

How I'm Different from Movie Ursula: I am not evil!

One Fun Fact: Ironically, Ariel and I were from the same thrift shop but at different times.

Zia:
Personality: Serious, deep, and intelligent

Favorite Thing to Do: Discuss academics with Hannah

How I'm Like Movie Jasmine: We're bright and aren't afraid to stand up for what we believe in, plus we can generally tell when someone is lying.

How I'm Different from Movie Jasmine: "Do you trust me?" I'd like to know your name before I trust you.

One Fun Fact: My bed is the bed that used to be Jane Porter's, before it got too uncomfortable for her to sleep on with her gigantic bun.

Hercules
Personality: Goal-oriented, caring, loyal, I have a bit of a temper but I get it easily under control.

Favorite Thing to Do: At this point, catch up with Meg. It's been long enough that we could talk forever and probably not cover it all.

*side note- THAT IS THE SWEETEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!- end of side note*

How I'm Like Movie Hercules: We're very similar in temperament.

How I'm Different from Movie Hercules: My joints, at least, are actually fairly weak. Due to age and plastic deterioration, my articulation is not all that it once was.

One Fun Fact: My thumb is about the length of Nutmeg's whole hand.

*side note- That makes holding hands feel very secure and comforting, at least for me.- end of side note*

Gabrielle



















Personality: One word- joy. I'm one of those dolls who is just always happy.

Favorite Thing to Do: Sing. I know it's a Disney doll cliche, but I love it!

How I'm Like Movie Meg: We look and sound alike.

How I'm Different from Movie Meg: I'm happy-go-lucky, not weighed down by pain.

One Fun Fact: I love the color pink. I don't know why.

Anastasia



















Personality: Shy, quiet, friendly, maybe a little sarcastic, and I like to try new stuff

Favorite Thing to Do: Read, especially adventure/fantasy/period dramas.

How I'm Like Movie Anastasia: I don't really know, I've never thought about it. I guess I can be quiet- really quiet- until you get to know me, then I'm crazy :)

How I'm Different from Movie Anastasia; She is a little more outgoing and willing to burst spontaneously into song. I tend to be more reserved and quiet (usually.) She is also pretty fearless and I am usually nervous about things.

Okay, that's it!
It's Been a Real Slice.
Meg <3


2 comments:

  1. Wow- I can't imagine adding so many dolls at once. How do you keep them all straight? Anyways, they all seem pretty great from your interview snippets.

    Rapunzel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA well, it is a little crazy around here! For the most part everybody's different enough that we know who's who, plus we all have our own friend groups so for the most part we just sort of hang out with the dolls we get along with the best. Not that we're exclusive, or anything. You know what I mean, right?

      Anyway, every few months, MyLittleMegara goes crazy and combs every thrift store (and eBay) within a fifty mile radius for dolls and then introduces them all in at THE SAME TIME. It does get kind of crazy! From what I remember, though, the constant influx of new dolls dies down after June with just a few new arrivals. :)

      Meg <3

      Delete