backdrop

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

May 30, 2014

Wave Five is here. He's here. He's here!!! HERC IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, actually, there are two new dolls. Here I'd been thinking it would just be a Hercules to make me wish I didn't have light socket hair; instead, there's another Megara, too. Now, don't get me wrong- I don't feel replaced or anything, but it was a little weird to see... myself... sitting there.

I also thought that we'd be in a more romantic setting, some sort of ridiculous dreamworld created by MyLittleMegara. Instead, we were stuck in the backseat of the old orange Chevy. Actually, at first, I had no idea why I was stuck in the car and then I saw the back of his head.

It's not going to be him.

My heart pounded.

But it looks just like him!

Yeah, it's the same mold. That's all.

Still...

All you can see is the back of his head!

I felt like I might burst. Finally, I stepped forward, the voice in my head pounding out "what-if"s in a morse code of terror. Steadying myself, I took a deep breath and tapped the Hercules on the shoulder. "Hi," I said, willing my voice not to shake with suppressed giddiness and fear.

"Meg?" Herc turned around and I saw his face clearly. I knew those eyes. Even with the smudged paint, there was no question about it.

This was my Hercules.

"Wonderboy?" I whispered.

"Nutmeg? Is it really you?"

I rattled of the name and address of the eBay seller that had caused us to meet.

"I just can't believe this; I thought I'd never see you again!" He tackled me in a bear hug. I buried my face in his shoulder and let the tears run down my cheeks. He let go of me and, wiping my tears away, took my tiny hand in his large, smooth one. We just sat there like that for a few minutes, holding hands and feeling utterly speechless at being united again. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder... if that was true, I felt extremely sorry for Meg #2. She wouldn't have had a chance with Herc even if she'd wanted to,

Herc's voice broke into my thoughts. "Just look at us," he laughed. I started to laugh, too. I had to agree with him- the years had not been kind to either of us. With my wild hair and his chipping paint, we looked like a couple of circus rejects. But none of that mattered- we were together.

Suddenly, a voice from behind us broke into our thoughts. "Umm... hi? Hercules? Other Meg?"

I had almost completely forgotten about the other Megara sitting a few feet away from us. "I'm sorry," I said, "I should have introduced myself. I'm Meg and I guess you already know Herc."

"Not well, but we were in the same bubble mailer for the trip. I used to go by Meg, too, but I've always wanted to be called Gabrielle. Do you think..."

"Of course, Gabby," Hercules smiled.

"No, just Gabrielle." Her tone was firm.

"I'm just teasing," he laughed, "Gabrielle it is!"

We started to laugh, too. Herc gave my shoulder a little squeeze and we enjoyed the rest of the ride.

It's Been a Real Slice.
Meg <3

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so happy for you, Meg!! :-). It must have been wonderful to be reunited with Hercules. Poca is over here sighing over my shoulder; personally I think she has issues. Don't get me wrong, I am very, very happy for you; but I hope this doesn't mean she's going to be wanting Jan to get a prince doll or something. I really don't want to go through that. :/

    Congratulations, Meg, and welcome Gabrielle!! :-)

    ~ Snow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it really was wonderful! I never, ever expected to see him again and BOOM there he was!! But I do hope that, if Jan does get you a prince, 1) she warns you in advance and 2) that he's as kind as Hercules is. :D

      Thanks for visiting, Snow!

      Meg <3

      Delete
  2. Aw, I really am so happy you two were reunited. :-)

    But, knowing Jan, haha, she probably won't warn me in advance if she gets a prince doll. ;-). She really doesn't consider warning me in advance about such things. :/. But I do hope that if she gets one that he is as nice and kind as Hercules!! It'd still be pretty awkward, though. :/

    You are most welcome, Meg. I love your blog! :-)

    ~ Snow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, Snow, I hope so too. :D

      Thanks! You are inspiring me to put up the last six months of heaven knows how many posts now... hahaha well, it'll be tough kicking MyLittleMegara off of her computer for long enough... homework and everything, you know.

      Meg <3

      Delete
  3. Hi Meg,

    I'm so happy you were reunited with your Herc! That's so rare in the doll world that we find those we've lost with all the other dolls out there. I hope Gabrielle has started to feel more comfortable too. Ariel & Belle send their happiness to you as well. Ariel is still hoping that S. will bring home a Prince Eric for her.

    Rapunzel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rapunzel, thank you for stopping by! I know that we are VERY lucky and I'm thankful for it every day. :) Gabrielle sort of disappeared a while after this- MyLittleMegara started to restore her and still hasn't finished! I guess she must be really busy. Hello to Belle and I hope Ariel gets her Eric!!

      Meg <3

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy for ya sugar! You deserve the best. Its so wonderful you & Herc are together again! (My Tip: Hint at an Engagement).

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Lottie! I'm thrilled to be with him. Hahahaha! Maybe someday...

    Meg <3

    ReplyDelete