backdrop

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

May 16-23, 2014: Catching Up

May 16
Two new dolls came today, Adam and Annabel. They're a brother and a sister- Adam is a Disney Store Classic Beast doll and Annabel is a Mattel Ballerina Belle Doll. Adam has no shoes, but otherwise both were a beautiful thrift store find for MyLittleMegara. Adam even has his jacket and Beast head!

When I asked Belle what she thought about Adam, she responded that she would "wait to get to know him before I even CONSIDER romance." She did say she thought he was cute, though.

May 17
Today I officially got my site! I AM THRILLED!

May 22
Wave 3 came through today (Wave 1 being Hannah and Wave 2 being Adam and Annabel.) A Simba Ariel doll named Traci and a Mattel Jasmine named Zia. MyLittleMegara said that Zia didn't have any clothes, so Ariel very graciously offered up her blue dress. That way, Zia wouldn't be utterly humiliated when she had to meet us, "us" being myself, Ariel, Hannah, Vivian, and Jasmine. Both dolls were very nice- Traci was every synonym for bubbly and perky and fun I can think of, although Zia was more reserved, with a brooding, interesting face. We gave them their presents: a dolphin for Traci and an MLP Lotus Blossom for Zia (even though we're all technically adults and don't really play with toys, we've found that a small gift helps new dolls feel more welcomed and will help them settle in better.) When we sat and chatted for a while, we found that Traci loves to sing and only has one leg- the good news is that she has a fin, so it doesn't really show. Zia is a little quiet, although she's a total math whiz and a bit of a Shakespearian. She and Hannah hit it off right away. They share a lot of the same interests (namely Shakespeare and My Little Pony) so they decided to become roommates.

May 23
Oh, oh my goodness. MyLittleMegara just informed me that she's looking into buying a Hercules! She said that I shouldn't hold my breath, but there was at least a 25% chance that she'd be able to buy him. I know that I should be excited, and I am... sort of. But I'm also worried.

I have never told anyone about this and it's about to go up on the internet. I can't believe it.

Okay, I'm worried because, once, there was a Herc in my life. I knew him for a week; it was the shortest amount of time I've ever been in a home. I was purchased in a Salvation Army to be resold on eBay for a better price. While there, I met some other dolls who were in the same situation. One was a Hercules.

Would I say we were in love? No. Not quite. But we bonded immediately, and I felt like there was a spark that, given time, could grow into a flame.

We didn't have time to find out, though, because I was sold.

That was 2009. It's been five years- I thought I'd gotten over it. I guess not.

What if we get a Herc and it is him? It's a one-in-a-million chance. What if I love him but he loves another doll? And what if it isn't him? Will I hate him or grow to adore him? The Herc I knew before had been little more than an infatuation. Would it even matter? AAAARGH!

I doubt I'll get any sleep tonight.

***
I hope this post made sense- so much happened in the spring that I'm trying to condense it so that I'll be able to catch up and hopefully stay caught up to my life as it is now. :)
It's Been a Real Slice.
Meg <3

2 comments:

  1. Rosemary: Oh I really feel for you. I lost a very dear friend at the factory and have quite given up hipe to meet Lizzy again although Meritre is looking for her really hard :(

    M: It's all right Rosie, we will find her. Meanwhile let's check out who this Hercules is ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll find her, Rosemary! If nothing else, meeting Herc again taught me that if you wait, good things can and will happen. :)

      Meg <3

      Delete